Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Long Road Home

"Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey." Tad Williams

I have been lost. Lost in the jungle of responsibilities, day-to-day trivialities, and in surviving. That was me, just surviving. I wasn't living. I was just going through the motions of waking up, going to work, head back home, and end the day. Day in and day out, it was just that. I forgot who I was. 

I took stock of what I had, who I was the past month, and I wasn't happy. I knew this wasn't me. This wasn't what I dreamed of when I was younger nor something or someone I really wanted to be. I needed to find myself and the "home" I lost and I have always wanted.

I know it will be a long trek but I know it will be worth it. I have notebooks of memories pointing me back to where I am supposed to be. I have friends cheering me on while I walk this journey. I have a God who never let go of my hand no matter how many detours I took. I know that soon enough, I will find my way back home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment