Monday, July 21, 2014

Beautiful. My Victory Story.



“The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole,but true beauty in a Woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows.”   Audrey Hepburn

Fifteen years of friendship. Fifteen years of mentoring. Fifteen years of discipleship. 

It is a journey I would not want to do with anyone but her. A journey of the breaking of wills, the acceptance of correction, the celebration of God's mercies and love. She has never turned her back on me. She has been there for me from the time I walked in Madrigal Arts Center Alabang until today. 

The biggest gift she has given me? She has taught me to pray. For that I will forever be grateful. She has taught me to seek God and be at His feet. She has shown me the beauty of silence and God's wonderful presence.

We have each had our share of falls. Each had our share of heartbreak. Each she turned into a lesson of God's unfailing love. There was never a point where she allowed the question, God, do you love me? Always it was an attitude of thanksgiving for God's mercies.

She is beautiful. She has risen up time and again, shaken but never broken. She has overcome because she understands. She is beautiful because she allows God to work from within.

Thank you, Chelo Gemina for this wonderful and colorful journey. 




No comments:

Post a Comment